The scientific conference "INTERNET AND MODERN SOCIETY - 2002"
Detection of distributed attacks in the Internet
A.A. Aliev, A.V. Posledov
St.Petersburg State University
Creation of the Internet has caused qualitatively new problems, one of which
is hacker attacks that has resulted in necessity of realization of researches
and practical development in the field of protection of information systems.
In the given report:
- features of evolution of network attacks and means of their detection are
- the most modern versions of network attacks;
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are described;
- problems of struggle against DDoS-attacks are analysed;
- new ways of detection of DDoS-attacks are offered.